Thursday, June 23, 2011

Let me begin by admitting that I don’t have a clue how to blog; but I should start by saying thank you to my dear friend who took the plunge ahead of me which gave me the courage to jump in too!  So THANK YOU Debbie Mills...my Gold Dust Twin, Lucy to my Ethel and my Sally!  I enjoy following the blogs of her daughter Erica & daughter-in-law Aundrea…so I’m using them as my tutorial! I hope they don't mind...but they blow me away with their creativity and really set the bar high! 

I don’t have little kids at home so I didn’t really think I had much to blog about, but I have thoughts! I’ve experienced a lot….and hope to experience much more on this side of heaven!  And over the last few weeks I’ve been trying to come up with a way to communicate with friends & family in some way other than plastering it on Facebook…and a way to keep folks up-to-date on my sister’s breast cancer journey in a respectful way. She’s a much more private person than me and as much as I want to support her, it’s still her journey, not mine.  I’ll occasionally post updates on her progress…with her approval...because I know a lot of you love her, care about her and are praying for her.  and we are truly grateful.

I’m really hoping this blog thing will work for me.  Boy, do I need to work on my sticktuitiveness!  If you don't know me well, you will quickly find out what a chatterbox I am!  Growing up, I was the one in our family who always felt like I had to talk to fill in the gaps of quiet.  So maybe one sign of maturity is.....I'm now quite comfortable with quiet.  But writing...ah!  I can do that and still keep my mouth shut!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." -Psalm 19:14

next post.... an attempt to explain "behind the door"

1 comment:

Debbie Mills said...

I love it....thanks for the sweet words. We are embracing our networking abilities..