Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SUP #2

[SUP-Sister UpDate #2]
My sister had her second round of chemo yesterday [Monday] and it went well....until the nausea set in. Didn't happen until evening, but when it hit, it hit big. I had tried to get in touch with her during the day but without success. I never know when to call because I don't want to wake her up if she's able to sleep at all, so I text...hoping for a reply. This morning I had an email from my mom telling me that sis had gotten very sick in the night and her husband had taken her to the hospital. The medicine that is supposed to take care of the nausea was not working and she was beginning to get dehydrated. They put her on some IV fluids. Two hours later they were still there, still on IV fluids, still nauseated. I haven't heard anything since then, but will post when I do. Please pray for her! My prayer this morning is for rest. "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2 Lord, may she find rest today in You. Her salvation from this comes from You. You alone are her Rock and her Salvation and her Fortress! We know she won't be shaken, but I pray this morning that You will give her rest and pour Your mercy and grace on her today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tria, my heart & prayers go out to you, your sister & your family. I am one with much experience here, not happy but, willing for my Lord to say so.
It is his testimony to which I speak.
My sissy had Large cell lymphoma. I will keep you close to my heart & in prayer. Please, call on me if I can answer questions or just to bend an ear.
God Bless, Mary

Debbie Mills said...

I understand the anxiousness when you can't talk to your sis. Praying for this to fade and become a memory. Also, praying for the next round to be easier on the tummy.